We believe that safeguarding is part of our core mission, valuing everyone in God’s image. We do all we can to ensure that our worshipping communities offer welcoming and safe places for children and vulnerable adults, by making safeguarding everyone’s responsibility. Our signed safeguarding policy can be found here, and is based on the 6 Principles adopted by the Church of England:
- Promoting a safer environment and culture
- Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children and vulnerable adults
- Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation
- Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse or other affected persons
- Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns/allegations of abuse and other affected persons
- Responding to those that may pose a present risk
We follow Church of England best practice through Safer Recruitment, of those elected or appointed to roles within our community, paid or voluntary.
We have a Parish Safeguarding Officers in each congregation. If in doubt, please contact Ali Cattanach at Pip and Jim’s, who can be contacted via the Parish Office (email@example.com / 07498 623855). Our PSO is supported by the Parish Safeguarding Handbook and the Safeguarding Team at the Diocese of Gloucester.
You might also find the following links and information useful:
• NSPCC Helpline: 0808 800 5000 (free; open Monday – Friday, 8.00am – 10.00pm, and on weekends from 9.00am – 6.00pm). Phone if you are concerned about a child or young person.
• Childline: 0800 1111 (free; open Monday – Friday, 7.30am – midnight, and on weekends from 9.00am – midnight). Phone if you are a child or young person and are worried about anything.
• National Domestic Abuse Helpline: 0808 2000 247 (free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are experiencing domestic abuse.
• Samaritans Helpline: 116 123 (free and open 24 hours). Phone if you feel you are struggling to cope and need someone to talk to.
• Hourglass Helpline: 0808 808 8141 (free, open Monday – Friday 9.00am – 5.00pm). Phone if you are an older victim of abuse or neglect, or are concerned about someone else who might be.